You are here
Serves 4 :
- 4 fresh sardines sardines
- 1 Asian aubergine
- 1 courgette
- 2 large beef tomatoes
- 1 onion
- Olive oil
- 25g Le Guérandais coarse salt flavoured with Provençal Herbs
- Or 25g Le Guérandais coarse sea salt
- 1 lemon
- 10g seaweed (sea lettuce or Nori)
The day before:
Cut the sardines in half and remove the centre bone and the large bones. Rinse the sardines in clean water, dry them, and marinate overnight in a mixing bowl with 4 tbsps oil, 50g Le Guérandais coarse sea salt flavoured with Provençal herbs and the juice of 1 lemon.
The next day:
Preheat oven to gas mark 6-7/200°c.
Cut the aubergines, courgettes, tomatoes and onions into fairly thin slices. Lightly fry the aubergines and courgettes in a little olive oil.
In a dish covered with greaseproof paper, layer a slice of aubergine, half a sardine, a slice of courgette, half a sardine, a slice of onion and a slice of tomato, one on top of the other. Repeat until all the vegetable slices have been used.
Sprinkle with coarse sea salt flavoured with Provençal herbs.
You can also flavour your coarse sea salt yourself:
- With lemon: Grate the lemon zest. To remove the moisture from the skin, cover the zest with a pinch of salt and heat in a very hot oven for 10 minutes. When cool, finely chop the zest and mix with the Le Guérandais coarse sea salt.
- With seaweed: Remove salt from the seaweed in clean water, chop and mix with the Le Guérandais coarse sea salt.
Place the millefeuilles in the hot oven for 10 minutes. Before serving, drizzle with olive oil.